Since the dust and dirt here is so bad here, all of the houses we've ever been in either have tile or concrete floors. Well, except the ones in the bush, they have dirt floors. Living in a house with all tile floors has its advantages and disadvantages.
Some of the pros:
- Spill some water on the floor...no big deal it will dry!
- Spill some of that red kool-aid on the floor...no big deal it will wipe up easily. No need to worry about stains!
- Zeke's going through a throw everything he's eating on the floor, no big deal, it will wipe up.
Some of the cons:
- Tile floors aren't that comfortable to lie on. Arnett and I truly miss being able to lay down on a nice carpeted floor.
- If it falls, it's pretty much a goner!!! We've broken tons of things, plates, cups, bottles. If it gets accidentally dropped onto the floors it's chances of survival are slim to none!
- For me, sweeping. I despise it!! Thankfully, God has provided us with an awesome house helper who does the sweeping for me!!
So, for us, we aren't huge tile fans. Now, in a kitchen or bathroom, we like it, but the entire house, no thank you!!
Last week Arnett and I were talking and I was telling him how thankful I was that we haven't had Zeke at the doctor with any broken bones or cuts that needed stitches! He's an "all boy", active, adventurous 2 year old!! So, it's only by the Grace of God that we haven't been at the hospital with any "little boy" accidents. Well, this past Saturday, we had our first "almost needing stitches" experience. Here's what happened:
Arnett's buddy came over for a visit Saturday afternoon. When he comes we always give him a coke and he always shares said coke with Zeke. Well, a month or so ago, Zeke was drinking some of the coke and he accidentally dropped the glass bottle (yes, you can still get cokes in the glass bottle here!). Ever since then, Arnett's friend has been extremely cautious when sharing his coke with Zeke. Well, Saturday, Zeke was drinking some of the coke and he dropped the bottle again. Before Arnett's buddy could scoop Zeke up, Zeke took a step back and you guessed it, instant cut! Of course, Zeke started screaming! Arnett and his buddy whisk Zeke into the kitchen to try to get it cleaned up and I just stood there paralyzed with what to do. I'm learning in an accident situation I'm probably not the best person to have around! Finally, after they got it cleaned up and Zeke calmed down, we saw, thankfully, it wasn't too bad. Praise the Lord, He spared us from having to get stitches...this time!! Zeke's doing fine now, Sunday he was walking on his tip toes which was quite a funny sight!! Here's a picture of the cut:
This was taken the day after. The "ring" around it was from the band-aid that he wore to bed Saturday night, I just hadn't had a chance to clean it off yet. I'm happy to report that today, it's much better and is closing up!! Zeke's quite a hoot, if you ask him to show you his boo-boo, he's proud to show it off and try to tell you what happened!! Until next time...
1 comment:
Thankful that he didn't have to have stitches! We were only home for a few months and Sadie ran into the corner of a chair rail and had to have 4 stitches near her eye. Oh it was quite traumatic for her mama to watch them hold her down and put that needle close to her eye....and I am sure there will be many more of these "adventures" in the years to come :)
Post a Comment