Monday, July 11, 2011

We're back...

Well, Zeke and I are back in Mali. We got back last Wednesday night. It's been good to be back. We both sure missed Arnett and he missed us as well. Our return flights went even better than the trip to America. Well, except the first one. Our first leg from Jacksonville to Atlanta was a nightmare. Zeke was bouncing off the walls.Once we landed in Atlanta, I thought to myself, "If he keeps this up, I'm not going to make it one piece!" My Dad was able to fly with us on that first leg so at least I knew the person sitting next to us!! However, on the next two flights Zeke did AMAZING! He slept over half of both flights! I had to wake him up once we landed in Paris and again when we landed in Mali! Another blessing, was for some reason we got upgraded to first class on the last leg of our journey. Talk about nice!! Thank you to all those who were praying for us as we made the long journey back! God heard and answered your prayers mightily. Praise Him!!

One downside to coming back is jet lag! Man oh man is it kicking my butt. I'm sure being almost 12 weeks pregnant isn't helping any either! So, we've spent the past few days catching up on sleep and just taking it easy. One exciting thing happening this week is we go to the doctor tomorrow and are scheduled to have our first ultrasound. I can't wait!!! Praise the Lord, everything seems to be going really well with this pregnancy!! Like my pregnancy with Zeke, I haven't had any morning sickness...Praise God!!!

Here are a few of our last pics in America:

IMG_1370 

Zeke and his Aunt Autumn

IMG_1397

Zeke, Papa,and Mimi. Riding the big horse!! He LOVED it!!

IMG_1399

My little cowboy!!

IMG_1412

Being silly!!

IMG_1416

Telling Aunt Julie something!!

IMG_1428

Me and Papa

IMG_1426

Daddy, Zeke, Mama, Papa, and Me.

IMG_1453

Zeke and Nana getting in one last swim before we left.

IMG_1455

Zeke playing with Papa's boots.

We ask that you please pray for us as we adjust back to life in Mali. Two weeks away doesn't seem that long but to me it does! Pray for our remaining time here. That we'll finish strong and well!! Thank you for joining us on this mission! Until next time...

No comments: