Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Doctor Appointment Update...

So, we had an appointment today to check in on our newest little one. I left the appointment disappointed and frustrated. We got there and saw the doctor. She handed me a set of my lab work that was sent directly to her (they do that with one of the tests here). Then we walked to the ultrasound room. She did the ultrasound and took lots of measurements, pictures, etc... Then, she left for me to get dressed and we walked out. She then handed me my ultrasound report and said, "See you in a month!" WHAT?? No, everything's fine, let me see the rest of your lab work (the lab had given me some of the results), nothing!! I said, "I have the rest of my lab results with me." She said, "Oh, come on." We went back to her office and she briefly looked at them and said, "Everything's fine, see you in a month!" While sitting in her office I briefly looked at the ultrasound report and could tell (it's written in French, a language I don't speak!) everything was fine. I was just hoping for a little bit more than, "See you in a month!" I am happy to report that our newest little one was moving around and kicking up a storm. His or her heart rate was 160 BPM. So I am Praising the Lord that everything appears to be going well!!


I know that my hopes for this appointment were really high. I suspect they were abnormally high due to the fact we lost our last little one. I was hoping to walk away with 100% peace of mind that everything was okay and I walked away with about 10%! The Lord is reminding me that true peace comes from Him and Him alone!! Also, any child He gives is truly His and not mine. They are just entrusted to me to look after and care for. Thankfully, God is in control and His plan is far better than our own!!


Here's a picture we got of our little one today:


Baby#4IMG_0001


Thank you Lord that all is well with our little one!! Until next time...

1 comment:

Seth, Jen, Hannah, Cailyn, and Isaac said...

Your newest lil bean looks great!! So adorable!! And 160 bpm?? That's a girl you've got in there! :) also, I know it's no real help, but I DID get the "everything's great" 100% reassurance and I STILL worried and was never 100% certain it was all ok. :)