First, I must tell you that this blog may get a bit detailed and graphic, so if you don't deal well with that sort of stuff, please STOP reading!!
Second, as somewhat of a side note, I must tell you how our night started. Arnett has come down with a nasty cold. He despises Benadryl and any nighttime cold/flu medicine. They just knock him out for at least a day if not longer. Well, after much pleading on my part he finally agreed last night to take a Benadryl. He took one. After an hour it still wasn't working so he took one more. Of course, we picked the wrong night for him to take a Benadryl, only we didn't know that yet.
At about 2:30am I woke up. I immediately knew something wasn't right, as I felt like I had peed in my pants. Something in my gut told me I was bleeding. Sure enough, I was right. I was devastated. I just knew that I was having a miscarriage. I laid back down and went back to sleep about 4:00am. When Zeke woke up at 8:00am I was still bleeding but not as bad. I knew Arnett would be out of it still so I decided to let him sleep. I decided that there was no need to go to the doctor, I just needed to stay home and let nature take it's course. After being up for a few hours the bleeding got heavier. Finally, I decided for my peace of mind I best get to the doctor. I woke Arnett up, well actually, Zeke woke Arnett up. I told him I was going to go to the doctor. He said okay. I called our supervisor, Shirley, and she immediately came and off we went. Hospitals here are a little different than hospitals in the states. In the states there's always a doctor at the hospital. Not really the case here. On Sunday, they have only one intern or physician's assistant at the hospital. Now mind you this is a private hospital so only those who can afford that level of care go there, so it's not in extremely high demand. I was checked out by the intern guy and he called my doctor. She told him she was coming in. She got there and we headed to the ultrasound room. Now, I just knew when she started the ultrasound we weren't going to find a heartbeat and we'd start down the D&C road again. However, God, He's in the miracle business!! Once she got started she quickly said, "Basi foyi te i den la" English translation, "There is nothing wrong with your baby!!" I was like, "WHAT?" She said again, "The baby is fine!" Of course, my mind is going "HOW??" She then proceeded to do an extremely thorough ultrasound, taking lots of measurements, etc.. The baby was moving around and kicking and squirming. His/Her heartbeat was still at 160BPM. PRAISE THE LORD!!! However, the question, why the bleeding. The doctor found 2 pockets of blood sitting on top of my placenta. My question, "Why or How?" Well, as it turns out, I have done too much heavy lifting the past few days. No, I haven't been moving boxes or anything like that. I've simply been taking care of my sick little boy (he had a tummy virus on Friday) while my husband is sick as well!! So, for the next 15 days I'm on bed rest with strict "no picking up Zeke order". At the end of the 15 days I have another appointment with the doctor to check and see how everything is going. We were supposed to be going out of country this next weekend for a meeting and a week of vacation but that has now been canceled. Anything for our little one!!
Praises:
- The baby is okay!!! THANK YOU FATHER!!! I just can't say that enough!!!
- The doctor came in on a Sunday to see us. Makes me feel better about my doctor and the care here!!
- We were able to find a pharmacy open on a Sunday to get the medicine that she prescribed. Most of the pharmacies here close on Sunday.
- Our baby is okay!! Like I said, I just can't say that enough!!
Prayer Requests:
- Arnett's health and strength. Please ask for complete, rapid healing!! Ask the Father to give him the strength to do it all the next 15 days.
- Mine and the baby's health. Ask the Father to remove the pockets of blood and keep our little one growing.
- My sanity over the next 15 days. It's not a long time but I'm a get up and do things kinda girl, so that's going to be extremely hard on me!! Ask the Father to constantly remind me to take it easy.
Thank you for praying for us. God is Faithful and He is ultimately in control!! Just something to leave you with. The verse from my quiet time last night:
Psalms 54:4: God is my helper; the Lord is the sustainer of my life. Thank you Lord for being my helper and the sustainer of my life!!
Until next time...
3 comments:
I have tears in my eyes reading this!!! So pool glad for you guys that everything is ok!! Praying for the blood to clear up and for you to enjoy the time of rest.
Crystal, I'll be praying for you! I so, so understand what it's like! I'm so glad to hear that your baby is okay. Bedrest is hard, but you can do it! Try to make the most of it and enjoy the downtime -- and when it is frustrating just remind yourself you aren't being selfish, you are taking care of your baby!! I'm praying that 15 days is all it will take and you'll be back on your feet. You can do it! Love from Canada, and your fellow-bedrester. :)
It took my breath away reading this Crystal; having been there twice I know the feeling of what you were going through. Praise God it was positive results; we'll keep you in our prayers that all will continue to go well over the next 15 days and throughout the remainder of your pregnancy.
Post a Comment