Monday, January 9, 2012

Fishing and Hunting...

Fishing and Hunting, two of the things my dear husband loves to do!! In an effort to spend a little bit of quality time with Zeke before Nema Grace arrives, Arnett decided to take Zeke fishing this afternoon. At first, I wasn't going to go. Sleep has been eluding me the past few nights and a nap sounded really good. Thankfully, my feelings of wanting to see Zeke's reaction to his first fishing trip out weighed those sleepy feelings!

So, we found some worms, found a fishing hole and off we went. To say Zeke loved it would be an understatement!! He had the best time!! At first he wasn't so sure about those jumpy fish on the end of the fishing line but eventually he got over his fear of them!! He enjoyed reeling the fish in and, eventually, touching them when his Daddy got them off the line. It was a beautiful day and the weather was perfect. I am so Praising the Lord for giving us this opportunity today. We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed one of our last outings as a family of 3. Here are pics from our day:

IMG_4699 IMG_4704

IMG_4708 IMG_4711

IMG_4734

IMG_4740

IMG_4746 

IMG_4749 

"YAY! We got a fish!!"

IMG_4751

IMG_4754

Learning the parts of the fish!!

 

Once we got home Arnett, his Dad, and Zeke went riding around the farm to see what they could see. Of course, they didn't go off without a gun by their sides! I was sitting in the house and got a text message from Arnett. It was a picture of a deer in the back of his Dad's truck. Immediately I went outside with my camera in hand. On my way to where they were I called to Zeke and asked him, "Zeke what happened?" He immediately comes running up to me, yelling "Deer! Deer! Deer!!" I think he was more excited than his Daddy was!! Guess we have a little hunter and fisherman on our hands!!! Like they say, "Like Father, Like Son!" Here's a couple of pics of the deer:

IMG_4763

IMG_4765

Until next time...

No comments: