Tuesday, January 6, 2009

We're Off

Well, our adventure is getting it's "official" start tomorrow at 2:44 p.m. Our bags our packed and we are headed off to start our adventure in West Africa. We fly out Wednesday, January 7th at 2:44 from Jacksonville to Atlanta. We leave Atlanta and fly to Paris where we will have a 7 hour lay over. From Paris, we will fly to Bamako, Mali, our home for the next 3 years. Lord willing, we will get into Mali around 9:20 p.m, Thursday night. That is 4:20 p.m Florida time. Once there our team will meet us and take us to our new home and help us get settled in. We should start language lessons next week. We have several prayer requests as we go:
1. Our families.
2. Safe Travels.
3. That all of our luggage would arrive with us.
4. That we would be God's light wherever we are.
5. Through this hectic time that we would keep our eyes on Jesus and stay focused on what matters.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

As I am reading this, you are probably at the airport preparing to board your plane. I lift you up to our Great Protector and Almighty Father to grant you a peace filled day and a comfortable travel experience. Know that you are dearly loved and we can't wait to hear about God's blessings in Africa.

Walt and Tori said...

I am so glad we got to talk to you guys this morning. May you have an uneventful trip over like Crystal's fear of lost luggage. I have lifted you both up in prayer this morning. And as I told Arnie I would not make you cry. It is truly a joyous occassion as you begin your work for the Lord.

Don't forget to update that you guys made it.
Love you bunches!