Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Our 2nd week apart...

Well, we have survived our 2nd week of being apart!! Praise God, He continues to surround us with His presence and peace!!

Arnett spent all week going to language class, studying, and getting out talking to people. Wednesday, Andy, one of the guys who will be spending the summer in Mali working on the farming project, arrived. Praise God for his willingness to give up his summer and spend it here in Mali.

Friday, Arnett decided to walk to language class and on his way home this guy called out his name. Arnett couldn't remember who he was but he knew Arnett. Arnett started chatting with him and told him that we came to Mali to tell people about the Jesus road. The guy said one of his friends was a Christian and that he wanted to know more about the Jesus road. Praise God that he is willing and wants to hear more about Jesus. Please lift up this young man, Arnett doesn't remember his name but God does!! Pray that they will be able to form a relationship and Arnett will be able to share the truth with him.

My week was pretty uneventful. I got some studying done and was able to get some rest.

IMG_1721

Here's Butterbean and I. 38 weeks along.

 

 

 

 

 

Thursday, I did have my first fetal monitoring appointment. From now until Butterbean's arrival I will go once a week to the hospital and they will hook me up to monitors that monitor Butterbean's heart rate, any contractions I am having, and how many times Butterbean moves. The way the hospital is set up the monitoring is done on the 1st floor. Also, on the first floor are the two delivery rooms and the labor rooms (no have the baby in the same room you stay in here!!). Well, Thursday was a full moon, so both delivery rooms had ladies in them!! To keep an eye on me the nurse put me in the labor room (instead of the monitoring room, which is down the hall) for my monitoring session. Before going to deliver one of the babies the doctor poked his head in to check on me. Then he was off across the hall to the delivery room. That's when I heard him getting loud (I'm sure he was telling the lady to push!!), the lady was getting loud straining and pushing, and then panic started to creep in as I thought... "Oh my gosh... I'll be going through that in 2 1/2 weeks or so!!...I don't deal well with pain... What I am going to do..." Then I hear a baby's cry and all the fear and panic just seem to melt away and was replaced with excitement and anticipation of Butterbean's arrival!! Then the doctor came in to check on the monitors. Praise God, everything looked great!!

060129 003

The outside of the hospital.

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_1700

Another view from the cafe at the top of the hospital.

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_1705

The beach!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Praises:

  1. We survived our 2nd week apart.
  2. Arnett's language is getting better every day!!
  3. A good checkup on Butterbean.
  4. Andy, one of the volunteers for the farming project.
  5. The young man who wants to know more about the Jesus road.

Prayer Requests:

  1. The young man who wants to know more about the Jesus road.
  2. Language... Arnett has a language evaluation this Thursday (5/14).
  3. Arnett will be flying to Dakar Friday (5/15)...pray for safe travels and that Butterbean will not make a surprise, early arrival.
  4. Pray for Andy as he adjusts to life and heat in Mali.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Seth, Jen, Hannah, Cailyn, and Isaac said...

You look awesome!!!!

I used to LOVE those monitoring things...do you push the button everytime Butterbean moves? I loved it! One time, Hannah fell asleep, so they gave me a juice box to drink...it was hilarious! Five minutes later she was going NUTS! I almost couldn't push the button enough for each one she was moving so much! LOL

As for labor, yes, it's tough (that's why they call it "labor" LOL), but you get through, and it's totally worth it!

Walt and Tori said...

I am glad to hear that the two of you will be together by the weekend. I know that the two of you will be more at ease together as you await Butterbean's arrival. Lots of love.