Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What are we doing here? Oh yeah!!!

Well, I'm still running a week behind on our blog. Just can't seem to get it together!! Hopefully I can post about this past week (the week of 2/23) in a couple of days. So, this post is about the week of 2/16...

Last week was not one of our best weeks here. I think between the both of us we had 2 "ticket days"! A "ticket day" is what we call those days, that if you had a ticket in your hand, you'd be outta here on the first available flight!! We praise God that these days have been very few and don't seem to happen on the same day. Even though, last week, we both had a "ticket day" together. Here's what happened...

The week started out a little rough when on our way across town we about ran over a man on a moto. We were going through a round about and were stopped, the man on the moto was trying to go left and we wanted to go straight. Well, instead of waiting for us to go straight, he tried to cut in front of us and go ahead and go left. Well, as he comes in front of us, he grazes the front of our truck and then lost control and "ate" the pavement. Praise God, he got up, said "I'm okay, it's my fault", and then drove away!! We are very, very thankful that God was with us and the man was okay!

Tuesday, we had language class. Because I had been sick it had been almost a week since I had been. Well, I got into class and felt like a complete moron! Our teacher was reviewing stuff we had already gone over and it was like I had never seen it before in my life!! So, I was just ready to pack it all up and go home!! Then we got home and Arnett had contracted a guy to put some "African insulation" on our roof. They had agreed on a price but when the man got here he changed the price. Arnett was furious but couldn't do much about it because he doesn't have the time to do this himself. After this, we went to lunch and both sat there thinking the same thing, "Today, I could go home! What are we doing here?" Thankfully, God met us right where we were!!

IMG_1517

Here's our new "African insulation" Simply grass mats on the roof. Trust me, they make a HUGE difference. The house is a lot cooler now!!

 

 

Thursday, I went to language by myself cause Arnett went to the bush. Well, it was the same as Tuesday. I felt like a moron!! I walked home from language and could have cried the whole way home!! Praise God, He poured out His grace and once again met me right where I was!!

When Arnett got home on Saturday, he was pumped!! They had an AWESOME visit in the village!! They met with some new believers and they were asking all sorts of questions!! For example, "what do we pray before we eat?" "Do we have to do any special moves when we pray?" (this comes from the other world religion here). WOW!! These guys truly did not know how to follow Jesus!! Once again, God met Arnett right where he was and showed him the reason we are here!! We are here to tell these people that God loves them and desires to have a relationship with them!! So, no matter how many bad days we may have, God is so worth everyone of them!!

IMG_1513

Okay, so don't laugh but here's one of my newest African outfits (minus the head wrap). I like to call it my mumu!! And I know it's not flattering AT ALL!! But let me tell you, when you have to wear a dress or skirt in 100 degree weather, the bigger and flowier the better!!!

 

 

IMG_1515

A side view. You can't even really tell Butterbean's in there!! Arnett is not a fan of this outfit!! We went to dinner the day I wore it and he asked me, "You're really going to wear that to dinner?" I said, "YES!!"

 

 

 

 

 

We cannot say "THANK YOU!" enough for all your prayers!! God has definitely heard them. Every day, He continues to mold and shape us into who He wants us to be!! While, it sounds like this week was horrible, looking back, it really wasn't that bad!! We Praise God, that we don't have to face any of this alone, He is right by our side every step of the way!!! Until next time...

2 comments:

David Pope said...

Yeah, we have had those days as well, but God is gracious and the prayers of support we have received DO make a huge difference. We love you guys and the dress will come in handy should you need shelter in the bush after butterbean arives!

Walt and Tori said...

Glad to hear that your "off" week got better and that you are constantly aware of God beside you. I know how easy it is for me to forget that even when I am not thinking of Him, He is carrying me through.

Love and miss you!
Tori