Philppians 4:19 says "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Well, that is exactly what He did last week (the week of 2/23). After a difficult week, God met us right where we were and gave us an AWESOME week! I know I normally just give the highlights of our week but last week was so AWESOME I have to share a little something about everyday!!
Monday, I had to do a round of prenatal lab work (a glucose test to test for gestational diabetes). Wasn't much fun but Praise the Lord, the lab tech's were gentle. This is a rarity around here since they are all French trained and tend to lack the TLC we are used to in America. We also, Praise God that we are able to get the same tests here that we would be doing if we were in the States.
Tuesday, I tried and successfully baked my first ever homemade chocolate cake with homemade icing. They don't sell box caked mixes and cans of frosting here. So, if you want a cake you have to bake it from scratch. Praise the Lord the cake was delicious and hit the spot right when we needed it most!!
Here's a picture of me and the cake. Can you tell how proud I am??
Here's another shot. I think Arnett took this one, just to show off Butterbean!
Wednesday, we had class in the afternoon (we normally go in the morning but we had a team meeting). Neither one of us wanted to go but we still went. We were so glad we didn't call and cancel our class. We were able to stump our teacher with the word "squirrel". It was hilarious and provided a good laugh for all. It also, lightened our spirits and we had a great class! Praise God for laughter!!
Thursday, I had my 2nd prenatal appointment. Praise God all my lab work done on Monday came back great. Butterbean's heart beat was great. My total weight gain so far is only 11 pounds and my belly had grown from 22 cm. to 27 cm. A little bit more on Butterbean, he/she continues to grow more and more each day. Arnett will go to the bush for a couple of days and come home and tell me, "I think your belly's growing overnight, it sure looks bigger than when I left!" Butterbean continues to amaze us with his/her kung fu skills. We lay in bed pretty much every night and watch in amazement as the life inside of me is steadily kicking and punching my insides and we can feel it and see it on the outside. He/she is pretty much into a routine. About 7:00-8:00 a.m he/she is up. Then around 12:00-1:00, up again. After this it varies but every night about 10:30-11:00, he/she's up practicing his/her kung fu skills. We Thank and Praise the Lord for Butterbean and for a GREAT checkup!!
Here's another shot of Butterbean. We can't believe he/she is expected to be here in less than three months!!
Friday, our team got together for a "game night". We ate homemade pizza and played "Catch Phrase" for a couple of hours. It was great time of fellowship, laughter and fun!!
Saturday, we went to the market. Praise the Lord, I was able to successfully bargain... in Bambara!!! I was thrilled!! I thank God for giving us the little bit of language that we do have down!!
Keeping with the "cake" theme. I found this "birthday cake material" in one of the markets. It was too funny not to get and have an outfit made!!
Sunday, we rested and met with our team for worship. It was a great time of just coming together and worshipping our Heavenly Father!!
So, as you can see we had a week full of PRAISES!! We give all the Glory to God. We know without Him, none of them would have been possible!!
Prayer request this week:
- Language
- We need several volunteers to come work on a farm project we are starting in a couple of months. Pray God will call out these workers.
- That no matter what we would be obedient to whatever God calls us to.
As always, THANK YOU so much for your prayers!! We hope you can see how much they are helping us here!! We know it is because of Him and your faithfulness to pray for us that we are doing so well!! Until next time...
2 comments:
I love reading all about your adventures. I don't know if I could do it. You look so happy! We are praying for little Lisa or Roger and know that He has all you are doing in His hands. Have a great weekend!
Love,
FAM!
Love to you both. Glad to hear you are able to get thru the rough days. Not everyone could or would be as selfless as the two of you...including myself.
Love bunches,
Tori
Post a Comment