Thursday, March 19, 2009

The past two weeks...

Well, the past two weeks have been busy but not really any excitement going on. We've spent the majority of our time in language class.

On Friday, March 6th, we had a team from the States come over. They came over on a vision trip to see where and how God wanted to use them here in Mali. They are looking to do some work in Bamako. They were here 1 week. While they were here we were able to go out with them several times. Each time we had good visits and enjoyed being with the native people and with the team. We were even able to put our limited Bambara skills to work and translate the best we could for them.

Thursday, March 12th was not one of my best days. Once again I found myself desiring to be home and not here!!! God really spoke to me through this and re-assured me of my calling to be here. He also reminded me that He didn't promise that I would be comfortable 100% of the time, just that He would be with me every step of the way. I just have to put ALL my trust in Him, not just the little pieces I have been trusting Him with. He also reminded me I can't do this without Him. And that sometimes, we have to quit trying to run this race, and let our creator Himself carry us!! I am so used to being "Miss Independent" that it's hard to give up total control but that's what He's called us to do... give control to Him!! In the end, He's the one who really is in control, not us!!

This past weekend was a good weekend. We were able to spend some time together as a team, which is always nice! And we were able to rest and relax some!!

Praises:

  1. We have seen some progress in our language learning.
  2. The past two weeks have been mostly good.
  3. Good health, for us and Butterbean.
  4. Butterbean - our little "Kung Fu Warrior".
  5. God molding us into who He wants us to be.

Prayer Requests:

  1. Language, of course!!
  2. Despite everything going on, we will focus on Him.
  3. God will strengthen the faith of the local believers.
  4. Those that God was speaking to while the volunteers were here last week, will listen and be obedient to His calling.

Thank you again for your prayers and support!! Until next time...

2 comments:

Philip said...

Crystal,

Thanks for the honest look into day to day on your side of the world. We can relate and are strengthened to read your renewed awareness of God's omnipotence. Vision trips are going well here too. I must get out some of the details for your viewing.

Travis and Danielle said...

Crystal! I know exactly how you are feeling girl! I have had some really rough times as well - just hang in there and know that people are praying for you and God is always with you!