For years God has been dealing with me on the fact that He is in control and that I am not. Yesterday was one of those days where we had to just trust God. Trusting Him that He knew best. Wednesday afternoon I started spotting. I was a little concerned but knew that God was in control. Wednesday night the spotting grew worse but had stopped by yesterday morning. I went ahead and called the doctor to get in to see her. They said to come right away. So, I went and picked up a fellow colleague who speaks French and away we went. We got to the doctor and she did an ultrasound. Sadly, there was no heartbeat in our little one. We were greatly saddened by this news but at the same time there was peace.
Years ago before we ever had children one of my biggest fears was the thought of having a miscarriage. I thought if that ever happened to me, I wouldn't be able to handle it. Years before children however, God gave me a peace regarding my children. He assured me that, 1. He was in control and 2. until He was ready for me to take care of them, He would do it for me. That peace is still with me today. I am saddened by the loss of this dear one but I know that he or she is safely resting in the arms of the one who loves him or her way more than we ever could. I Praise God for His peace that surpassing all understanding. I Praise God for the fact that He is in control. I Praise God for the fact that while I don't understand why, I know He has our best interest at heart.
In Romans 8:28, He promises:
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
We thank you so much for all your prayers concerning us. We know that because of your faithfulness to pray, God has surrounded us with His peace, love, mercy and grace. Thank you again. Until next time...
2 comments:
I read JESUS in your words...Linda and I are praying for you
Mark
Arnett and Crystal,
Hello, my name is Steve Southerland and I'm from Panama City, Florida. I am a candidate for congress and a few weeks ago I had the opportunity to meet your father and father-in-law, Kiah. He invited me to join he and several dozen men at the river house for a wild game dinner and he allowed me to say the blessing before dinner. I happily agreed and that night we prayed for both of you and little Zeke.
This morning, I ran across a card that Kiah gave me with your picture on it and your blog location. So, I went on this morning and read Crystals comments about her pregnancy. I was so blessed to hear how you recognize God's sovereignty in every situation. I was humbled to be reminded that God is truly in control of all things and that He has such a wonderful plan for our lives.
Thank you so much for showing Jesus today in a very difficult circumstance. I want you to know that I will be lifting your entire family up to the Lord and pray for His continuing healing over the baby. I will also pray the He will continue to reveal His wonderful power through your ministry to those you meet. May today be restful for you and I look forward to the day I get to meet you both as well as little Zeke.
Your Brother In Christ,
Steve Southerland
Panama City, Florida
Galations 2:20
Post a Comment