Well, I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since my last post!! I cannot figure out where the time is going! So, here's what's been going on...
Daddy's been gone some, which oddly enough is a BIG PRAISE!! Not that we don't miss him like crazy when he's gone or that we want him to leave but him being gone means the farm has gotten rain! He, Uncle Mitch, and Uncle Ryan have been busy, busy planting the field at the farm. It still needs lots and lots of rain. Please join us in Praising God for the rain and praying that He would send more!!
Here's me!! I just woke up from my nap and I'm stretching!
Mommy's been busy trying to learn the language! Last week, she and Aunt LaVerne took me out several times. Monday, we went to the BIG market across town. Mommy tied me on her back and this brought tons of smiles, laughs, and comments. The people were all SHOCKED to see a white woman carrying her baby like an African woman. Of course this allowed Mommy and Aunt LaVerne many opportunities to practice Bambara. They both did a great job!! Friday, Mommy, Aunt LaVerne, and I all went to visit some of the ladies Aunt Susan knows. We had a good visit with them. Mommy even got to try African tea for the first time!! She's been offered it before but has never tried it. First, because she was pregnant and didn't want to drink caffeine. Second, because she's nursing and didn't want the caffeine. Well, on this trip she couldn't refuse because the last time she was at this lady's house she was offered tea and declined it. Saying, "she wouldn't sleep well if she drank tea this late in the afternoon." This time we were there in the morning, so she couldn't use that excuse and she knew they wouldn't understand her not drinking it because of me. She knew they would say, "We drink it, nurse our babies and are fine!!". She said it wasn't that good but she was able to get it down!! Praise God with me for allowing Mommy and Aunt LaVerne these opportunities this week!!
Here's another one of me!! Aren't I just too cute?!?!
Last Tuesday, I turned two months old!! Mommy and Daddy can't believe how big I've gotten!! Here are some pics Mommy took of me that day...
Praises:
- Rain at the farm!
- Mommy and Aunt LaVerne were able to get out and practice Bambara!
- I'm healthy and a very good boy!
Prayer Requests:
- More rain for the farm.
- Language for both, Mommy and Daddy!
- Mommy's been invited to her language tutor's niece's wedding this Thursday. She's a little nervous, pray God would give her peace and the courage she needs to go. She'll be going with her tutor and won't know any one else!
Until next time...
1 comment:
Crystal - Don't worry about the wedding. It is not like you to meet a stranger anyway.
Zeke - You are growing and look like a little man. Too cute.
Arnie - Glad to hear you get to put all your "farming" to good use.
Lots of love,
Tori
Post a Comment