Saturday, August 22, 2009

Shea Butter...

So, last week LaVerne and I went out to T-village and learned how to make shea butter. It was a lot of work but a lot of fun!! Here are some pics from our day...

IMG_2609

Here's LaVerne with the ground up shea nuts.

 

 

 

 

IMG_2611 Here, LaVerne and our host our beating the ground up shea nuts and water that was added to them.

IMG_2621 Here I am doing the same thing!!

 

 

 

 

IMG_2623 These little girls loved Zeke & wanted to hold him, so I got a few pics of them holding him.

IMG_2624

IMG_2625

IMG_2631Our little man. He had on clothes but it got hot, so we ditched the clothes!!

 

Some more baby news...our night guard's wife had a baby last week. It was a little boy. They named him, Yacouba, which is Arnett's African name. It was such an honor for Arnett (and me too) for them to name their baby after Arnett.

Praises:

  1. Language learning. We've been able to get out and understand the language!!
  2. All the cultural experiences we've been having recently!!
  3. Rain at the farm!!
  4. Zeke is healthy as can be and getting so big!!

Prayer Requests:

  1. Language!
  2. More rain!
  3. I know some of you get our updates and it says we're both having medical issues. We have been having some tummy issues lately. Nothing too serious but nothing too fun either! Please pray that we'll get over these issues soon!!

Also, if you'd like to receive our e-mail updates, please send an e-mail to arnetteubanks@gmail.com. Until next time...

3 comments:

Amanda and Jay said...

Yeah Crystal...that Shea Butter looks exactly what I want rubbed all over me! I'm glad that's not what it looks like in the stores.lol Zeke is sooo Cute, what a healthy looking baby, God is tooo Good. And what an honor for the baby to be named after Arnett. (After having a baby of your own you know what it means) You guys must be tuching lifes and making an impact in AFRICA. Keep doing Gods work....

David Pope said...

My name is Yakuba, too! We spell it with a "ku" instead of "cou."

Walt and Tori said...

Zeke looks happy and healthy. You two are great parents. Wow...shea butter. Never knew it was so dark. Congrats to Arnett for the baby being named after him. I know that is a huge honor. Sounds like you two are making an impact in Africa.

Love,
Tori