Sunday, July 19, 2009

A volunteer team, colds, rain, and language...

Hello all!! Well...Mommy, Daddy, and I have had a lot going on the past few weeks.

In my last post I asked you to pray for the volunteer team that was in town. Well, pray you did and answer God did!! During that week there were several new believers added to the family of Christ...Praise God!!! The team had an incredible week and they were able to plant many seeds.

 

IMG_2275 IMG_2278    Here's Daddy and me!! And then one of just me!! 

During that same week I caught my first cold...no fun at all!! Then Mommy got my cold and then Daddy. Needless to say we've all been sniffling and coughing. But Praise God cause we are all better now!!

 IMG_2423

I'm a happy boy!

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_2434

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another Praise I have is...rain!! In my last post I asked you to pray for rain for "the farm". Well, the rain has come, so planting has begun!! Daddy left last Saturday and stayed out until Tuesday. He left again yesterday and will be back Wednesday or Thursday. Mommy and I sure do miss him while he's gone but we Praise God for the rain and that he's able to go and help out. Daddy sure does love to farm and I know he enjoys being out there!!

IMG_2290

Here's Uncle Mitch working in the field... African style!

 

 

 

IMG_2307

Here's the way the African's plow their fields!!

 

 

 

 

Mommy's been going to language class everyday for the past 2 weeks. Some days, she's ready to quit and go home. Please, pray that she'll have the ability to remember all the Bambara she knew before she left. Pray for open ears to hear and a tongue to be able to speak Bambara. Pray, also that we'll both be well enough and she'll have the courage to get out and go talk to the people she's made friends with!

IMG_2367

Mommy and me!

 

 

 

 

 

I think that's pretty much all that's been happening. At my last doctor's appointment I was up to 11.5 pounds!! I'm growing like a weed! Mommy and Daddy can't believe that pretty soon I'll be 2 months old!!

IMG_2400

Here I am in my stylish cloth diapers!! Which Mommy loves!! They are just as easy as disposables! You can get your own at www.cottonbabies.com
Praises:

  1. The new believers in "S neighborhood".
  2. The rain at "the farm'!
  3. We're all well again!
  4. Mommy's driving skills are getting better! She's even ventured across the bridge - a HUGE accomplishment!

Prayer Requests:

  1. The new believer's in "S neighborhood".
  2. Rain for the crops.
  3. Language for both Mommy and Daddy.
  4. Courage to get out there and use the little language they have. Even if that means sounding like a goof ball!!

Thank you again for your faithful prayers. As you can see...God is listening, answering, and working all the time!! Until next time...

2 comments:

Mast Family said...

Zeke is such a "Gerber" baby and ya'll are such a photogenic family - the pictures are great. He's gorgeous! Thanks again so much for sharing your lives with us in this way. We'll keep you in our prayers. We love and miss you all.

Walt and Tori said...

Wow! Zeke looks half grown. I can tell how happy he is. Keep up the good work. Miss you all bunches.

Love, Tori