So, yesterday Zeke and I went downtown to our county's annual "Christmas on the Square" event. It's an annual craft, food, home baked goods sale they have the first weekend in December. The highlight of Zeke's morning was getting his first pop gun. He loves it and I'm beginning to think I should have bought 2 to have spare when the first one wears out!! :~)
As we were walking around we passed a booth selling "Pure African Shea Butter". My first thought...run, I've seen my fair share of pure African shea butter!! For some reason I didn't stop and talk to the gentlemen selling the stuff. However, God in His divineness set up an appointment later on for us! Last night, we took Zeke to the Christmas parade, which he absolutely loved!!! Well, as we're sitting there Arnett says, "look that man has a djenba (an African drum)". Then I proceeded to tell him about the shea butter!! Well, the man was working on packing up all his goods and Arnett finally says, "I'm going over there to talk to him!" So, he ventured across the street and could immediately tell this guy wasn't from America!! So, he asked the man where he was from and the man replied, "Senegal". Then Arnett proceeded to tell the man that Zeke was born in Senegal and we just moved back from Mali! I knew all along that there were West Africans in America but I never dreamed in a million years we'd run across one in our little small town!! Just goes to show you how small the world truly is!!! I know this seems like such a small thing but it really did make my night. It also makes me realize the importance of seizing every opportunity! I should have stopped and talked to the man yesterday morning but I didn't. Thankfully, God gave us the opportunity again. Praise Him that He's a God of chances!!!
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment