Friday, October 7, 2011

A hard week...

Well, after our week of playtime we had a really hard week. On September 26th my Papa Jim went to be with Jesus. Up until this point in my life I had all 4 of my grandparents living. I am so thankful for the fact that God gave me 29 years with this wonderful man. I'm also extremely thankful that we were home when it happened. Looking back, I  knew that when I came home in June/July that it probably would be the last time I saw my papa. However, despite knowing that in July when I left, I truly feel that if we would not have been home when it happened I would not have been able to truly grieve his passing. I tend to not be an emotional person and I think if I would have been all the way in Africa  that I would have been too detached from the situation to truly grasp what had happened and to grieve the way I would have needed. Thankfully, God knows me best and knew exactly what I needed. We were able to spend Sunday afternoon before my papa's passing at his house and tell him goodbye. It was a hard week but one that I am so thankful God allowed me to be home for!! I also am very well aware of the fact that if it weren't for all the problems we had had in the beginning of my pregnancy than we would still be in Africa today. Once again, God knows best and cares for all the details of our lives!! Praise Him!!

papa and grandma 

My Grandma and Papa at his 80th birthday party, July 2010. July 2011 they celebrated 58 years of marriage!! What a blessing!

papa 2 

November 2010, we surprised our grandparents by not telling them we were coming home. This is his "surprise face" upon seeing Zeke for the first time and me for the first time in almost 2 years. This is probably my most favorite picture of him!! Love his facial expression!

me and papa

He was the world's BEST hugger!!!

IMG_1428 

July 2011.

Another post coming up shortly....stayed tuned....

No comments: