Well, a lot has happened since our last post. Zeke began eating solid food, Arnett's parents came and spent 10 days with us, we celebrated our first African Thanksgiving, and our little man turned 6 months old. I just can't believe how fast the time is flying. Next week, we'll hit the "we've been in Africa 11 months" mark.
So, we started Zeke on solid food. Just cereal at first, which he loves! Yesterday, we tried green beans. He wasn't too fond of those. Today we're going to try pumpkin!! Here's some pics of those few first bites!!
Here's Zeke getting ready for the first bite!
And the reaction...
On November 19th, Arnett's parents came to visit. We had such a great time with them. It made Arnett and I both realize how different things really are and how much we've adjusted to those differences. We were able to take them to our local market and introduce them to all of our friends there. We were also able to take them out to M-village. They both did great for their first time ever spending the night in the bush!! We thoroughly enjoyed our time with them and it was great to have them here for our first African Thanksgiving.
Kiah and Lynn in M-village
Kiah, Lynn, the chief, and the chief's wife.
Kiah and Zeke hanging out on the front porch.
Zeke and Lynn
Zeke and his daddy.
Thanksgiving was great too!! All of the people we work with came together and shared a "traditional" meal! We were even able to find a turkey! Here's a picture of him...
Yep, that's right, he was a live turkey when we bought him. Susan called me the Friday before Turkey Day and said, "Crystal, I'm on my way to your house, in a taxi, with the live turkey in the trunk!" I immediately started cracking up, cause you'd only here that sentence in Africa!
Here's Zeke in his Turkey Day outfit!
Praises:
- A great visit with Arnett's parents.
- We're all healthy!
- All the small things God is doing and has done for us!
Prayer Requests;
- This Friday (12/4) we have language evaluations.
- Language learning.
- Guidance and wisdom from God on what He has planned for us once we get language down.
Thank you all for your prayers! Until next time...
1 comment:
Wow - I've haven't seen my big brother smile that big in I don't know when! He looks so happy - I know he enjoyed getting to see ya'll, and Lynn too. The pictures are great; Zeke is getting so big and is so cute. Glad to finally see a family picture!
Post a Comment