Hello everyone!! It's me...Zeke! I figured even though I'm only 2 weeks old, I've been pretty demanding lately and Mommy needs a break, so I am going to write this post to our blog!!
Here am I relaxing with my daddy.
This past week I have experienced a lot of firsts. I went out to eat in a restaurant for the first time, I don't remember much about it because I slept the whole time!! Mommy and Daddy were very thankful for this because they actually got to eat their dinner!
My umbilical cord fell off Thursday (6/4) and that gave me the go ahead to take my first bath!! At first, it wasn't so bad but then I started to get a little cold. I didn't really like that too much!!
Finally..it's over and I am pooped. Time for a nap!
On Monday, I went on my first boat ride. Mom, Dad, my two grandma's, and I all went to Goree Island. Goree Island is right off the coast of Senegal. It's where they took all the slaves before they shipped them to America. The tour was pretty interesting and we were all glad that we got to experience while we were here.
Me and Mommy on the boat. Me asleep on the boat.
Here we all are on Goree Island
Tuesday, we had to go back to the Embassy to pick up my American Birth Certificate. Praise the Lord, I'm officially an American Citizen. Mommy and Daddy applied for my passport and it should be ready in about two weeks. After our stop at the Embassy, I went shopping for the first time. My grandma's needed to buy some souvenir's, so Mommy and Daddy took them shopping. Once again, I don't remember much about it because I slept through it.
This is rare... I'm actually awake and not sleeping
Wednesday, was not a fun day! I had to get circumcised. The worst part was I had to fast before the procedure. I couldn't have anything to eat after 2am and my appointment wasn't until 9am!! Mommy was really worried about this. Praise the Lord, I did great!! Mommy got me up at 2am so I could eat one last time. I then slept on and off until my appointment and didn't even fuss that much! Mommy and Daddy were very thankful for this!! After my circumcision I had my first appointment with my pediatrician. He said I was doing great!! I gained some weight (up to 8.6 pounds!) and grew 2 cm. I also, got my first shot. That was not fun!!! Praise the Lord, I am healthy and growing.
Here I am with my Mommy and Daddy. Aren't we a good looking bunch??
Thursday, I got to help my Mommy celebrate her birthday!! For her birthday I gave her something really special.... I pee-peed and pooped on her for the first time. I don't think she was too happy about it but I thought it was pretty funny!! We also went out to eat at a Brazilian steak house. Then we came home for some yummy strawberry cake (thanks Grammy for bringing the mix to us from America!!). Thursday night was not a fun night!! I had to say my first goodbye to two people I really love! My grandma's went back to America. It was very sad but we are all very thankful that they got to come and spend some time with us!!
Here I am with Daddy and Mimi. And here I am with Mommy and Nana...Grammy...I haven't decided what I'm going to call her yet.
Praises:
- I did great with fasting and my circumcision.
- I am growing and getting bigger everyday.
- The time we all got to spend with my grandma's and that they made it safely home.
- My American Birth Certificate is done.
Prayer Requests:
- My grandparents and family back in America - us being over here is very hard on them.
- In a couple of weeks Mommy, Daddy, and I will be going back to Mali. Please pray for a smooth transition as we go back and try to get into a normal routine.
- The Bambara People that Mommy and Daddy work with. Pray that God would open their hearts to His truth and His love.
Until next time...
4 comments:
Wow, you've been a busy little man, Zeke!! Good job being such a good boy sleeping for Mommy and Daddy so much! Just be sure you're letting them sleep at night, too!
Tell your Mommy she looks GREAT!! Make sure she gets rest, too!
Hey, guys! We have been pretty busy setting up house down in Bobo. I apologize for not keeping in touch. We also don't have internet in our house yet. We're in Ouaga for a few days buying needed appliances and stuff. We head home on Wednesday ... maybe with a puppy. We'll let you know. Zeke looks great and you look like you are having a ball. When do you head back to Bamako?
Zeke you sure are a cutey! Glad to hear all is going well. Your mommy looks great and your daddy looks like a proud "papa". My mom has already seen Mimi's pics and were talking about how cute you were.
Lots of love,
Tori
hey Zeke! You have mastered the english language rather quickly! Hope Bambara is just as easy for you:) Seems you've had some wonderful adventures for a 2 week old so far. Love you buddy!
Post a Comment